Better Than Takeout Duck Pancakes
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:1 hr
Total Time:70 mins
- 4 Duck legs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tsp 5 spice
- 200 ml chicken stock
- Hoisin sauce
- ½ Cucumber thinly sliced
- Bunch Spring onions thinly sliced
- 20-24 premade Chinese style pancakes
- Start by seasoning the duck legs. Combine the sugar, salt and 5 spice and rub it into the skin and meat. Place the duck into a snug dish, a suitable size for your air fryer.
- Pour the chicken stock around the duck legs to partially submerge them. The stock should be about half way up the legs. Add a little more/less stock as needed depending on the size of your baking dish.
- Select Air Fry and set the temperature to 170C and time to 1 hr. Cook until the duck skin is crisp and the meat is tender, if you need to crisp up the skin a little more after 1hr, then air fry for an additional 15mins.
- Once the duck is cooked, warm your premade pancakes as directed, then shred the meat and slice up the crispy skin.
- Add a little of the cooking stock into the meat to keep it nice and juicy.
- Lay out all your shredded duck, warm pancakes, hoisin sauce, spring onions and cucumber and serve immediately.